MY HUSBAND WAS TAKIING HIS FEMALE COWORKER TO MY LAKE HOUSE FOR "BUSINESS TRIPS"

MY HUSBAND WAS TAKIING HIS FEMALE COWORKER TO MY LAKE HOUSE FOR "BUSINESS TRIPS" — HE DIDN'T KNOW I HAD CAMERAS INSTALLED THERE.

Two years ago, I inherited my grandma's lake house—my peaceful escape growing up. I rarely visit because it's four hours away, but it's sacred to me.

Then one day, her elderly neighbor called:
"There's a STRANGE MAN hanging around your property."

Worried about a break-in, I installed hidden cameras.



Two weeks later, while my husband, Luke, was "on a business trip," I got a motion alert from the lake house. It was MY HUSBAND. And another woman. IN MY LAKE HOUSE.

She giggled as he called her "babe," lit one of MY candles, and curled up on MY GRANDMA'S COUCH while they drank wine like they owned the place.

I didn't cry. I planned.

The next week, Luke returned home, PRETENDING TO BE TIRED from a conference he NEVER attended.

I acted normal. I offered him to go for a long weekend at the lake house. Just us. No phones. No distractions. Total disconnect. He even said, "Sure! We haven't been there FOR AGES!" Oh, how miserable of him.

He had no idea. What was waiting for him there knocked the air right out of his lungs.



My Husband Took His Female Colleague to My Inherited Lake House for 'Business Trips' — But He Had No Idea I’d Already Installed Cameras

I never thought I'd be the kind of woman who installs hidden cameras in her own property. But when my husband's "business trips" started sounding hollow and an old neighbor called with questions, my gut told me there was more to Luke's absences than spreadsheets and client meetings.

For seven years, I thought I had the marriage everyone secretly envied. Luke and I moved through life like perfectly synchronized swimmers. Supporting each other's careers, planning weekend getaways, and dreaming about the family we'd start "someday soon."



I was so caught up in the performance of our perfect life that I missed all the warning signs.

A breakfast table | Source: Midjourney

I work as a senior editor at a publishing house in Chicago, and the past year has been chaos. My team had taken on three major releases, and I was drowning in manuscripts, author meetings, and marketing plans.

Most nights, I'd collapse into bed around midnight while thinking about tomorrow's deadlines. I remember how Luke would look at me, smile, and mumble something about how hard I worked.

Looking back, I realize how convenient my distraction was for him.

A man standing in his bedroom | Source: Midjourney

Two years ago, I inherited a quiet little lake house from my grandmother. It's in northern Wisconsin, tucked away between tall pines and crystal-clear water, at the end of a barely paved road.

Advertisement

It's old-school cozy, but full of charm and memories. I spent every summer there growing up, catching fireflies, baking peach cobbler with my grandma, and reading on the dock until my skin turned golden.



A lake house | Source: Midjourney

After grandma passed, she left it to me, and it became my safe place.

Advertisement

I made it very clear to Luke that it was mine. I let him visit, and we even stayed there one weekend to paint the bathroom and clean out the attic. But that was it.

He never had a key. Never went alone. At least, not that I knew of.

For the past six months, Luke's been going on a lot of "business trips." He told me he was traveling more due to a "client pipeline expansion."



A man standing outdoors | Source: Pexels

I didn't question it much.

Advertisement

To be honest, I was too busy with work to think about it.

He'd say he'd be back in a few days, and I'd get to enjoy quiet evenings with my dog and overpriced takeout.

Everything was going well until the morning I learned something unexpected.

I was rushing to get ready for work, hair still wet from the shower, when my phone rang. The caller ID showed a Wisconsin area code

A phone on a kitchen counter | Source: Midjourney

"Hello?" I answered, wedging the phone between my ear and shoulder while I searched for my missing shoe.

Advertisement

"Sandra? It's Mr. Jensen." The voice immediately took me back to summers on the lake.

Mr. Jensen was my grandma's old neighbor who still walked around the lake every day at sunrise with his dog.

"Hey, Mr. J! How are you?" I found my shoe under the bed and slipped it on.

"I'm fine, sweetheart. Just wanted to check in. Everything okay with the house?"



An older man talking on the phone | Source: Midjourney

I paused. "Of course. Why wouldn't it be?"

Advertisement

"I saw someone up there last weekend. Tall guy. He was unlocking the door like he owned the place. Didn't recognize him."

My stomach flipped.

"Oh," I said casually, though my heart had begun to race. "Probably a maintenance worker."

He grunted. "Didn't look like he was fixing anything. He had a nice car and was carrying grocery bags... Just thought I'd mention it."


After we hung up, I stood frozen in my bedroom.

Luke had been in Philadelphia last weekend. I thought. Was he really in Philadelphia? Did he… lie to me?

I didn't say anything to him that night. But something told me not to let this slide.

The next weekend, Luke left for another "conference." As soon as his car disappeared down our street, I threw some clothes in a bag, called in sick to work, and drove the four hours to my lake house.

Everything looked normal at first glance. The porch was swept clean, and the windows were closed.

Advertisement

I unlocked the front door as my hands trembled with nervousness.

Inside, the place smelled different. Not musty like it usually did after sitting empty, but fresh like someone had been airing it out.

I walked through each room slowly, my eyes catching small details that sent chills up my spine.



A woman walking in a house | Source: Midjourney

A wine glass in the sink with a smudge of coral lipstick on the rim.

Advertisement

A throw blanket was draped over the couch. It was something I'd never seen before.

The bed was made with hospital corners, not my usual messy tuck.

The pillows were arranged in a way I never would have bothered with.

In the bathroom, I found a long blonde hair caught in the drain.

It wasn't mine. I've got shoulder-length dark brown hair.

Advertisement

The trash bin held two takeout containers from a nearby restaurant and a receipt for dinner for two. The dishes listed on it were Luke's favorites.

I sank onto my grandmother's rocking chair as I realized what was going on. My hands were shaking as the image of Luke with another woman popped up in my mind.


Advertisement

The truth was staring me in the face, but I needed proof that was undeniable.

That afternoon, I drove to the nearest electronics store and bought a security system. It had three cameras that I could connect to my phone.

I installed them carefully. One facing the front door, one at the back entrance, and one disguised in a vintage bookend on the living room shelf.



A bookshelf | Source: Midjourney

"Just in case of thieves," I said out loud to the empty house, as if it needed an explanation. But deep down? I knew exactly what I was looking for.


I drove home that night with a hollowness in my chest. When Luke returned from his "conference" two days later, I greeted him nicely and asked him about his trip.

"It was great," he said while unpacking his suitcase. "The client meetings went well."

I nodded and asked what restaurants he tried.

"Nothing special," he shrugged. "Mostly room service. I was swamped with work."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Went to Dog-Sit Before Her 22nd Birthday. Minutes Later, Her Life Changed Forever

She Was Only 13 When She Vanished From Her Father’s Car — And No One Has Seen Her Since

A Four-Month-Old Baby Went to Daycare for a Nap. The CCTV Footage Revealed Something His Parents Never Expected.

She Was Only 13 When a Stranger Murdered Her Parents and Took Her Away

Seven Years After He Vanished, Joshua Maddux Was Found Inside a Chimney

The Last Picture of Kris Kremers Before She Vanished Into the Panamanian Jungle

Remembering Dandara dos Santos — A Life That Inspires Change

From 1940 to 1944, Corrie ten Boom and her family used their home in the Netherlands as a hiding place for Jews who were fleeing the Nazis.

After Mom’s Death, Son Accidentally Finds His Childhood Pic with Her and Boy Who Looks Like Him

"MY MIL WENT CRAZY AFTER I GAVE BIRTH — SHE ENDED UP STEALING MY DOG!

Popular posts from this blog

She ran him over twice, stepped out of her car, knelt beside him, kissed him — and then st*bbd him nine times

“The Forgotten Photograph: A Glimpse Into the Shadows of Nazi Cruelty”

In April 1981, the body of a young white woman was found in a ditch on Greenlee Road in Newton Township, Ohio.

This historic photo has never been edited – have a closer look and try not to gasp when you see it

An American named Steve McNeld posted a photo of himself with his grandmother in a coffin

MY 16-YEAR-OLD SON WENT TO STAY WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER FOR THE SUMMER – ONE DAY

CCTV Captures Horrifying Moment Weightlifter Tragically Dies After Freak Accident in Gym

That was the sentence a German commander gave me when I was sixteen years old.

A Jewish woman runs from men and youth with clubs during the Lviv pogroms in 1941.

At 5:40 am on January 7, 2025, Thomas “Duncan” Callens was captured on surveillance video at the Old Bull Market